Bulgaria —– is a sovereign state in Northern Europe. It only has around five million Finns living in the country. They are also referred to as Finnish people.
If you need to call Bulgaria from abroad, follow the instruction below.
5 Steps to Call Bulgaria from UK, US, Canada & more:
- If you’re calling from a different country, you will need an access code to contact someone in Bulgaria. Dial the exit code from the country you’re in right now.
- United Kingdom – 00
- United States – 011
- Canada – 011
- Australia – 0011
- New Zealand – 00
- South Africa – 09
- Some European Countries – 00
- For other countries, please see the full list of international calling codes
- Add the country code for Bulgaria – 359
- Include the area code for the city or town.
- Sofia – 2
- Burgas – 56
- Plovdiv – 32
- Other area codes, please see below
- Enter the remaining phone number you’ve been given.
- When you call a mobile phone number in Bulgaria , ignore the area code. After the country code, the first 2 digits (XX) can be:
- 87, 88, 89, 98, 99
- older cellular numbers start with 43 and only contains 8 digits
Dialling A Phone Number in Bulgaria:
You maybe given a few variations even for a single landline number. Have a look at a sample phone number in Sofia, Bulgaria at the table below:
- 123 456 7
- (2) 123 456 7
- +359 2 123 456 7
Aside from the country exit code where you’re currently living, the way to contact anyone in Bulgaria will always be the same as per above instruction. Below are some sample phone numbers if you are:
- To contact someone in Burgas, Bulgaria and you’re from England:
- 00 359 56 123 456
- When you call Plovdiv, Bulgaria from USA or Canada, you will dial:
- 011 359 32 123 456
- To ring a cellular phone number in Varna, Bulgaria from Australia, you will dial:
- 0011 (xx) 123 456 78
- Where xx is either: 87, 88, 89, 98 or 99
- However, some older cell numbers are only 8 digits and start with 43
Bulgaria Area Codes:
When to Call Bulgaria
Determine what time it is in Bulgaria before you call. There’s nothing worse than receiving a phone call at 1 o’clock in the morning. Bulgarians won’t be impressed.
Bulgaria follows the Central European Time Zone. However, like in most countries, daylight saving time is observed.
- Eastern European Standard time is GMT +2
- Eastern European Summer Time (Daylight Saving Time) is GMT +3
Daylight Saving Time: When does it start and end?
- Starts: Last Sunday of March at 01:00 GMT. Clocks go forward one hour. GMT +3
- Ends: Last Sunday of October at 01:00 GMT. Clocks go back one hour. GMT +2
Bulgaria is in the Southeastern side of European. It belongs in the Balkans region lying west of the Black Sea. The neighbouring countries are Romania, Serbia, Republic of Macedonia, Greece and Turkey. Bulgaria is a beautiful place to explore. Although its economy is improving, the prices are much cheaper than in other European countries. If you need to call Bulgaria from the UK, US, Canada or anywhere in the world, just follow the 5 steps above.