There are over four million people living in Croatia. Around ninety percent of the residents are of Croats ethnicity. A significant number of Croatians live overseas – mainly in Europe. Croatia is a small country in comparison to other European countries. If you want to call Croatia from abroad, follow the 5 simple steps below.
5 Steps to Call Croatia from UK, US, Canada & More:
- You will need an access code to contact someone in Croatia if you’re in a different country. Dial the exit code from the country you’re in right now.
- United Kingdom – 00
- United States – 011
- Canada – 011
- Australia – 0011
- New Zealand – 00
- South Africa – 09
- European Countries – 00
- For other countries, please see the full list of international calling codes
- Add the country code for Croatia – 385
- Include the area code for the city or town.
- Zagreb – 1
- Dubrovnik – 20
- Bjelovar – 43
- Cakovec – 40
- Dakovo 31
- Samobor, Sesvete, VelikaGorica, Zagreb & Zapresic – 1
- Check the instructions below if you are calling a mobile phone.
- Enter the remaining phone number you’ve been given.
- Be aware of the time differences.
How to Dial: Sample Numbers
If you are to call Zagreb in Croatia from USA or Canada, you will dial:
- 011 385 1 123 45 67
You maybe given a few variations even for a single landline number. However, apart from the exit code from the country you’re in, the way to contact anyone from outside Croatia will always be the same.
Here is another example if you are to call someone in Dubrovnik, Croatia and you live in Wales, UK.
|Phone Number Variation||Calling From Wales|
|123 456||00 385 20 123 456|
|020 123 456||00 385 20 123 456|
|+385 20 123 456||00 385 20 123 456|
|+385 (0) 20 123 456||00 385 20 123 456|
Cellular Prefix Code: Dialling a Mobile Phone in Croatia
A Croatian mobile phone number starts with a 9. If you’re calling a cellular phone number in Croatia from Australia, you will dial:
- 0011 385 9?? ??? ???
Knowing When to Call
Determine what time it is in Croatia before you call. It follows the Central European Time Zone. However, like in most countries, daylight saving time is observed.
- Standard time it is GMT +1
- Daylight Saving Time it is GMT +2
Daylight Saving Time: When does it start and end?
- Starts: Last Sunday of March at 01:00 GMT. Clocks go forward one hour. GMT +2
- Ends: Last Sunday of October at 01:00 GMT. Clocks go back one hour. GMT +1
Contacting Someone in Croatia
Croatia is a beautiful place to explore. The major cities and towns are Zagreb, Dubrovnik, Split, Pula, Osijek, Rijeka, Varaždin and Zadar.
A small country yet rich in culture and full of lovely people. If you need to contact someone in Croatia, just follow the simple steps as explained above.