Czech Republic ranks 115th in terms of its total land area. Also officially know as Czechia, it has around 10 million residents. Around two thirds of people are of Czech ethnicity.There are a considerable number of Czechs that live in Eastern Europe. If you want to call Czech Republic from abroad, follow the instruction below.
5 Steps to Call Czech Republic from UK, US, Canada & more:
- You will need an access code to contact someone in Czech Republic if you’re in a different country. Dial the exit code from the country you’re in right now.
- United Kingdom – 00
- United States – 011
- Canada – 011
- Australia – 0011
- New Zealand – 00
- South Africa – 09
- Some European Countries – 00
- For other countries, please see the full list of international calling codes
- Add the country code for Czech Republic – 420
- Include the area code for the city or town.
- Prague and Stredocesky – 2, 31 or 32
- Jihocesky – 38 or 39
- Jihomoravsky – 51, 53, 54
- Karlovarsky – 35
- Kralovehradecky – 49
- Liberecky – 48
- Enter the remaining phone number you’ve been given.
- When dialling a Czech mobile phone number. Ignore the area code. The first three number starts with:
- 601 to 608
- 702 to 705
- 720 to 729
- 730 to 739
- 770 to 779
- 790 to 799
Sample Czech Republic Phone Numbers:
You maybe given a few variations even for a single landline number. Have a look at a sample Prague phone number at the table below:
|Czech’s PHONE NUMBER VARIATION|
|123 456 789|
|02 123 456 789|
|+420 2 123 456 789|
|+420 (0) 2 123 456 789|
Aside from the country exit code where you’re currently living, the way to contact anyone from outside Czech Republic will always be the same. If you are:
- To contact someone in Karlovarsky, Czech Republic and you live in London, England:
- 00 420 35 123 456 789
- Calling Kralovehradecky, Czech Republic from USA or Canada, you will dial:
- 011 420 49 123 456 789
- To ring a cellular phone number in Czech Republic from Australia, you will dial:
- 0011 420 (xxx ) 123 456 789.
- Where xxx is any of the three numbers in step 5
Calling Someone in Czech Republic
Determine what time it is in Czech Republic before you call. It follows the Central European Time Zone. However, like in most countries, daylight saving time is observed.
- Standard time it is GMT +1
- Daylight Saving Time it is GMT +2
Daylight Saving Time: When does it start and end?
- Starts: Last Sunday of March at 01:00 GMT. Clocks go forward one hour. GMT +2
- Ends: Last Sunday of October at 01:00 GMT. Clocks go back one hour. GMT +1
Czech Republic is a wonderful country. There are many places to explore in Prague (Praha) – its capital. Other major towns and cities of Czechia are Brno, České Budějovice, Český Krumlov, Karlovy Vary, Kutná Hora, Olomouc, Ostrava, Opava, Pilsen (Plzeň), Telč and Zlín. If you need to contact someone in Czech Republic, just follow the simple steps as explained above.