Latvia is one of the three Baltic states of Europe. There are around two million Latvians in their country. Riga is the the capital city but there are other developed cities dotted around the country. These are: Daugavpils, Jurmala, Kuldīga, Liepaja, Madona, Sigulda, Valka and Ventspils. If you need to call Latvia from abroad, follow the instruction below.
5 Steps to Call Latvia from UK, US, Canada & more:
- If you’re calling from a different country, you will need an access code to contact someone in Latvia. Dial the exit code from the country you’re in right now.
- United Kingdom – 00
- United States – 011
- Canada – 011
- Australia – 0011
- New Zealand – 00
- South Africa – 09
- Some European Countries – 00
- For other countries, please see the full list of international calling codes
- Add the country code for Latvia – 371
- Include the area code for the city or town.
- Riga – 7, 28 or 29
- Daugavpils – 54
- Kuldīga – 33
- Liepaja – 34
- Madona – 48
- Valka – 47
- Ventspils – 36
- Other area codes, please see below
- Enter the remaining phone number you’ve been given.
- When you dial a mobile phone number, ignore the area code. After the country code, the next digit may start with: 59, 60 or 61
Dialling A Phone Number in Latvia:
You maybe given a few variations even for a single landline number. Have a look at a sample phone number in Riga, Latvia at the table below:
- 123 456 7
- (7) 123 456 7
- +371 7 123 456 7
Aside from the country exit code where you’re currently living, the way to contact anyone in Latvia will always be the same. Below are some sample phone numbers in their country and how to dial:
- To contact someone in Kuldīga and you’re from England:
- 00 371 34 123 456
- When you call Madona from USA or Canada, you will dial:
- 011 371 48 123 456
- To ring a cellular phone number in Daugavpils from Australia, you will dial:
- 0011 371 (xx) 123 456
- Where xx maybe: 59, 60 or 61
Latvia Area Phone Codes:
When to Call Latvia
Determine what time it is in Latvia before you call. There’s nothing worse than receiving a phone call at 1 o’clock in the morning. Latvians won’t be impressed. Their country follows the Eastern European Time Zone. However, like in most countries, daylight saving time is observed.
- Eastern European Standard time is GMT +2
- Eastern European Summer Time (Daylight Saving Time) is GMT +3
Daylight Saving Time: When does it start and end?
- Starts: Last Sunday of March at 01:00 GMT. Clocks go forward one hour. GMT +3
- Ends: Last Sunday of October at 01:00 GMT. Clocks go back one hour. GMT +2
Latvia is a country in the Baltic region of Northern Europe. It is bordered by Estonia, Lithuania, Russia and Belarus. If you need to know how to call Latvia from abroad, just follow the 5 steps above.