Lithuania is a sovereign state in Northern Europe. It’s capital is Vilnius. There are around three million Lithuanians living in the country. Although small, its economy is thriving. Other main cities are as follows: Alytus, Kaunas, Klaipėda, Palanga, Panevėžys, Šiauliai, Telšiai, Trakai and Kupiskis. If you need to call Lithuania from abroad, follow the instruction below.
5 Steps to Call Lithuania from UK, US, Canada & more:
- If you’re calling from a different country, you will need an access code to contact someone in Lithuania. Dial the exit code from the country you’re in right now.
- United Kingdom – 00
- United States – 011
- Canada – 011
- Australia – 0011
- New Zealand – 00
- South Africa – 09
- Some European Countries – 00
- For other countries, please see the full list of international calling codes
- Add the country code for Lithuania – 370
- Include the area code for the city or town.
- Alytus – 315
- Kaunas – 37
- Klaipėda – 464
- Palanga – 460
- Panevėžys – 45
- Šiauliai – 41
- Telšiai – 444
- Other area codes, please see below
- Enter the remaining phone number you’ve been given.
- When you dial a mobile phone number in Lithuania, ignore the area code. After the country code, the next digit starts with a 6.
Dialling A Phone Number in Lithuania:
You maybe given a few variations even for a single landline number. Have a look at a sample phone number in Vilnius, Lithuania at the table below:
- 123 456 7
- (5) 123 456 7
- +370 5 123 456 7
Aside from the country exit code where you’re currently living, the way to contact anyone in Lithuania will always be the same. Below are some sample phone numbers if you are:
- To contact someone in Kaunas, Lithuania and you’re from England:
- 00 370 37 123 456
- When you call Alytus, Lithuania from USA or Canada, you will dial:
- 011 370 315 123 45
- To ring a cellular phone number in Lithuania from Australia, you will dial:
- 0011 6 123 456 7
Lithuania Landline Area Codes:
When to Call Lithuania
Determine what time it is in Lithuania before you call. There’s nothing worse than receiving a phone call at 1 o’clock in the morning. Lithuanians won’t be impressed.
Lithuania follows the Eastern European Time Zone. However, like in most countries, daylight saving time is observed.
- Eastern European Standard time is GMT +2
- Eastern European Summer Time (Daylight Saving Time) is GMT +3
Daylight Saving Time: When does it start and end?
- Starts: Last Sunday of March at 01:00 GMT. Clocks go forward one hour. GMT +3
- Ends: Last Sunday of October at 01:00 GMT. Clocks go back one hour. GMT +2
Lithuania or Lietuva is a Northeastern European country in the Baltic country region. It is surrounded by Latvia, Belarus, Poland and Russia’s Kaliningrad Oblast. It is a stunning country in Europe. If you need to know how to call Lithuania from abroad, just follow the 5 steps as explained above.