Singapore is one of the cleanest city-state in Asia and perhaps the world. It is home to over five million residents. Nearly three quarters of the population are of Chinese ethnicity. If you want to find out how to call Singapore from UK, US, Canada or wherever your home country is please read on.
If you have business dealings in Singapore or you just want to keep in touch with your friends and family, just follow our 5 simple steps below to contact someone from Singapore.
5 Simple Steps in Calling Singapore:
- Dial the international code. UK 00, US 011, Canada 011 – other countries access code see below.
- Add the country code for Singapore – 65.
- Calling Singapore does not require dialing a city code.
- Enter the remaining digits (the phone number you’ve been given).
- Be aware of the time differences.
Singapore is a city state. Are code is not necessary. All landlines usually starts with a 3 or a 6. Cellular phone numbers start with an 8 or a 9.
If you are calling Singapore from Oxford in England, you will dial:
- 00 65 (3 or 6) ??? ???? for a landline number
- oo 65 (8 or 9) ??? ???? for a mobile or cellular phone number
Dialing a Singapore Phone Number from Abroad
You will need your country’s access code to make a call to another country as follows:
- United Kingdom – 00
- United States – 011
- Canada – 011
- Australia – 0011
- New Zealand – 00
- South Africa – 09
- Philippines – 00
If your country is not listed above, please see our full list of international codes.
Know when to call: Singapore Time & Your Country
Determine what time it is in Singapore before you call. It is 8 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT +8). In simple terms, it means that it is:
- +8 hours ahead of UK but during British Summer Time (last Sunday of March till last Saturday of October) it’s only 7 hours ahead.
- In the States, it’s:
- +15 hours ahead of Washington State, USA
- + 12 hours ahead of Tallahassee in Florida, USA
- +15 hours ahead of Vancouver, BC, Canada.
- -2 hours behind of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- -5 hours behind of Wellington, New Zealnd
Ringing South Korea from other Countries:
Singapore is sometimes called the Garden City but more often referred to as the Lion City. Just to give you an idea, Greater London in UK is much bigger in terms of its land area. However, in spite of it’s small size, it is 10th place in the world ranking in terms of its GDP per capita earning.
In spite of its small size, there are a lot of places to see in Singapore, Contacting a local Singaporean is easy as they all speak good English. If you live in Britain, the access code to make a call abroad is 00. But if you’re from a different country, replace 00 with your own code by checking our full list of here.