Vatican City is a country within the city of Rome. It only has a population of 1,000. There are many international tourists who come to see the place every single day. People from the UK, US, Canada, the rest of Europe and the world. If you need to call the Vatican City from abroad, follow our 5 simple steps below.
Dial Vatican City from Abroad in 5 Steps:
Being a very small state, calling the Vatican City from abroad is easy. You will need to:
- Dial the exit code from the country you’re in right now. From UK – 00, US – 011 and Canada – 011. For other countries, see below.
- Add the country code for Vatican City 379
- You don’t need to put in an area code.
- Enter the remaining phone number you’ve been given.
- Be aware of the time differences.
If you are to call the Vatican City from USA or Canada, you will dial:
- 011 379 123 456
For a more detailed step by step explanation, please read further.
Access Number: Dialling Austria from Overseas
If you’re outside the country, you will need to dial an access code to contact someone in the Vatican.
Some of the codes are listed here but if yours is not included, please see the full list here: international calling codes.
- United Kingdom – 00
- United States – 011
- Canada – 011
- Australia – 0011
- New Zealand – 00
- South Africa – 09
- European Countries – 00
You may get a few variations for a single landline number, but the way to contact them from outside the Vatican City state will always be the same. Here is another example if you are to call someone in Vatican and you live in Scotland, UK:
|Phone Number Variation||Call Vatican City from UK|
|123 456||00 379 123 456|
|+379 123 456||00 379 123 456|
Knowing the Time to Call the Vatican City
Determine what time it is in the Vatican City before you call. The Vatican City State follows the Central European Time Zone. However, like in most countries, daylight saving time is observed in the Vatican.
- Standard time it is GMT +1
- Daylight Saving Time it is GMT +2
Daylight Saving Time: When is it observed?
- Starts: Last Sunday of March at 01:00 GMT. Clocks go forward one hour. GMT +2
- Ends: Last Sunday of October at 01:00 GMT. Clocks go back one hour. GMT +1
Contacting Someone in Vatican City
The Vatican is a small city state but this is the seat of the most influential religion in the world – Roman Catholic Church. If you need to contact someone from within the Vatican city, just follow the simple steps as explained above.